Olympic Hurdler Brushes Off Beijing Disappointment

Olympic track and field star Lolo Jones visited West Des Moines Friday to thank the fans who supported her as she competed in Beijing.

While she didn't return home with the medal she wanted, fans were proud of the grace she showed following her heartbreaking breakdown in the hurdles.

"She never gave up, even when she fell," said fan Mikayle Zmolek.

"Lolo is just a great role model," said fan Herb Ewing. "Not just for children, but parents, too."

Jones told fans that her Olympic disappointment was just another hurdle in her life's storied struggles.

"I've been through struggles before," she said. "There were so many times I did not win." .

Jones said she's been taking time off since her last race in mid-September. She's been speaking to groups, signing autographs and raising money for charity. She's also been helping Iowa flood victims and basking in the support of the fans.

"I don't have a medal, but I feel like I did receive the medal," she said. "It's crazy. I love it!"

Check out the video here.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home